Are you ready to start that asphalt paving project you’ve been putting off? Do it when temperatures are up! The summer months offer prime benefits, from extended daylight hours to better weather for curing. Here’s a closer look at some reasons why summer is the best time for asphalt paving in Saratoga Springs, NY:
- Heat and sun: We don’t always welcome the hot summer temperatures, but sometimes that’s exactly what’s needed. As strange as it might sound, the heat from the sun is actually good for new asphalt paving projects. Once the asphalt is laid and smoothed down, it needs time to cure. The good thing about the heat is that the pavement sealer is able to cure more quickly when exposed to the warm summer sun. On the other hand, clouds, rain, snow and freezing temperatures in the winter and fall tend to slow down the curing process.
- More daylight: Summertime has extended daylight hours, as opposed to the shorter days of winter. More daylight hours means asphalt paving contractors are given more time to complete your paving job. What’s more is that the project can be completely done in fewer calendar days. Prepping, laying, paving, curing—it’s all done more quickly, reducing the inconvenience to you.
- Cost effective: Let’s say that you need several asphalt surfaces installed or resurfaced. For example, you own a business and would like to knock out a new asphalt parking lot, warehouse driveway and blacktop all at the same time. If you choose to start these projects in the summer when daylight hours are longer, the crew you hire may be able to group all the projects into a shorter number of days. Likewise, with just one project and longer days, multiple jobs can be worked on and even finished in less time.
- Prepare for winter: Doing your asphalt project or replacement in the summer means you’ll be prepared for the harsh winter weather. Pavement repairs are also best done now. Otherwise, existing cracks and gouges left open to rain, snow and cold could cause greater damage.
- Better seal coating: Not only is the hot summer sun the best tool for curing freshly laid asphalt, but the season itself is prime time to ensure the asphalt surface has a proper and effective seal coating. The harsh weather of winter is yet to hit, and when it does, your asphalt paving project will be ready to hold strong. Not only will a completely cured and seal coated surface hold up in hazardous winter conditions, it also helps extend its lifespan.
Here at Asphalt Industries, we are pleased to provide asphalt paving in Saratoga Springs, NY to residential and commercial customers. We regularly tackle a wide range of new and resurfacing projects, such as parking lots and seal coating for businesses, and blacktop driveways and private roads for homeowners.
If you would like to speak with a knowledgeable paving professional, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll answer all your questions promptly, and you’re sure to be pleased with our expert services!