The best way to keep repair costs down, preserve the condition of your asphalt surfaces and increase the longevity of your parking lot or driveway is through preventative maintenance. While you can’t avoid all issues or foresee every instance of potential damage that your asphalt might endure, preventative maintenance ensures that you are maximizing the performance, durability, and resilience of your asphalt. By adhering to a few simple guidelines and tips, you can extend the life of your asphalt and mitigate the need for repair or repaving services:
- Fill cracks right away: While a small crack in your pavement might seem like no big deal, it can lead to major problems if not properly dealt with. During heavy rain or stormy weather, the water that comes into contact with your pavement can flood into even small cracks and jeopardize the placement and stability of your pavement. To avoid a damaged parking lot or driveway, make sure to check your asphalt for cracks and fill them in as promptly as possible.
- Minimize heavy stress on your pavement: Parking lots and driveways are designed to withstand significant use and heavy vehicles, but minimizing the presence of oversized vehicles on your pavement is always a good idea. One way that you can prevent large vehicles like garbage trucks from driving on your pavement often is by placing dumpsters or garbage cans closer to the roadside to be picked up, so that the truck doesn’t have to drive over your pavement to access them.
- Ensure proper drainage: Do you notice flooding or standing water on your pavement after heavy rain? This can lead to issues that can disrupt the placement of your asphalt and do permanent damage. Thankfully, you can remedy this problem by ensuring that you have some sort of drainage system in place to handle excess water. Contractors who specialize in asphalt paving in Saratoga Springs, NY can assess drainage problems and install drainage solutions.
- Keep your asphalt clean: Keeping your asphalt clean and clear of debris on a regular basis can prevent the presence of any dangerous materials, like glass, from collecting on your pavement and damaging vehicles. Cleaning your asphalt can also make it a lot easier to identify potential problems or existing cracks that need to be repaired.
- Invest in seal coating: A seal coat is a liquid pavement coating that is applied to protect your asphalt from damage and wear. Adding a seal coat to your pavement can increase its life span and prevent damage and deterioration over time. In addition to keeping your asphalt protected, seal coating for residential driveways can also increase curb appeal.
When you need assistance with seal coating, drainage installation, asphalt repair or asphalt paving in Saratoga Springs, NY, Asphalt Industries can help. We offer professional services to municipal, residential and commercial clients who are looking for experienced assistance and quality work. No matter what the project may be, our team can provide the best possible service for the job. Give us a call today to find out more about all that we do.
Categorised in: Asphalt Maintenance
This post was written by admin