Asphalt is what we pave driveways, parking lots and roads with. It’s an excellent material that is cost-effective and durable. Let’s learn a little bit more about it!
10 Facts About Asphalt
- Asphalt is highly recyclable, in fact it is estimated that the asphalt industry has a 99% recycle rate.
- Smoother asphalt on roads improves gas mileage.
- Asphalt is sometimes referred to as blacktop.
- Asphalt is a form of petroleum.
- Properly maintained asphalt will last many, many years.
- Asphalt was first used for roads in Paris in 1824.
- Asphalt reduces highway road noise.
- Aggregates, binders, and fillers combine to make asphalt.
- It is estimated that 94% of paved U.S. roads are asphalt.
- Naturally occurring asphalt, known as bitumen, can be found in natural deposits.
If you would like to discuss an asphalt paving project for your home or business, give us a call at 518-584-4340 or fill out the form on our contact page. We would be glad to answer all of your asphalt questions.