Asphalt driveways or parking lots at your home or business can be a great feature that makes it easier for you and your visitors to access your property. However, problems arise and asphalt can develop dips and holes as it is used. Even though you can’t prevent these imperfections entirely, you can increase the longevity of your asphalt by investing in professional sealcoating in Saratoga Springs, NY. Sealcoating won’t restore damaged pavement, but it can be used as a form of preventative maintenance. If you’re on the fence about whether sealcoating is worth it for your home or business, consider all of the benefits that it can offer you:
- Minor patch covering: Although sealcoating won’t fix major cracks or potholes, it is effective at patching minor imperfections in pavement. This is important since even minor flaws may lead to major issues later on that require costly and time-consuming repair and replacement work.
- Solar protection: One of the most significant threats to asphalt pavement is solar damage. Sun exposure can lead to oxidation of pavement, which causes it to fade and become weak. Sealcoating in Saratoga Springs, NY acts as a protective barrier that guards asphalt from solar damage and oxidation.
- Water resistance: Even though asphalt is a solid surface, it can be permeated by water and precipitation if it is not properly sealed. In the fall, water seeps into cracks in the asphalt. Then, freezing temperatures in the winter and spring lead to an expansion of moisture, which causes cracks to develop in the pavement.
- Easier maintenance: Asphalt tends to be a relatively bumpy surface, even if it is professionally applied. A sealcoat evens out the rough nature of asphalt and makes it much easier to sweep, hose down and maintain.
- Improved aesthetics: When asphalt is first laid, it has a dark, uniform and aesthetically pleasing appearance. Over time, this dark color fades and asphalt can appear old and worn. Sealcoating restores the attractive appearance of asphalt and can make your pavement look like new. In addition, it offers protection from oil and gas spills that are common in parking lots and on roadways.
- Cost savings: Investing in a preventative maintenance measure like sealcoating in Saratoga Springs, NY almost always results in cost savings over time. Not only does it extend the overall longevity of your pavement, reducing the need for premature asphalt replacement, but it also saves you from paying for regular patches and repairs.
If you’ve decided that investing in sealcoating is the best choice for you, you can get assistance from the professionals at Asphalt Industries. We help commercial and residential customers alike with their asphalt paving and maintenance needs. Ever since 2001, we have been dedicated to serving our customers and providing them with the assistance they need to maintain the quality and condition of their pavement. We would be happy to provide you with more information about sealcoating in Saratoga Springs, NY and walk you through what you can expect from our service. Call us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Sealcoating
This post was written by Writer